Friday, November 05, 2010

Don't Cry Over Spilled Cake

Remember the cake mentioned in this post? Yesterday I was digging through my fridge, trying to work around a stack of Tupperware leftovers, and vegetables from our last CSA share of the season to reach a 1/2 gallon of milk jammed in the back of the shelf. I finally reach the milk and as I yank it out of the fridge the bottom of it catches the edge of a plate laying at the top of the Tupperware tower. The plate with the cake on it! I fumble to try to catch it but it falls down to my feet. The plate clatters on the kitchen floor and I look to see where the cake is. SAFE! Jake's mom always double wraps with wax paper and plastic wrap and the cake fell upside down on the wrapping. I picked up the plate (face side up), flipped the cake back onto it, and shoved it back on top of the Tupperware. Jake better eat that cake!

No comments: