Thursday, November 04, 2010
For lack of a creative blog post, I am going to participate in Thursday 13. I forgot how fun they are. Because this is a current theme in my house my 13 is:
13 Reasons Why I Hate When my Kids are Sick
1. The fact that I can't ever get by with just one being sick. One gets it and passes it to the other.
2. The amount of tissues that get wasted. I love how they barely wipe their face and then throw away the tissue which they can't even crumple up! They toss and walk away and because the tissue is mostly unused-I am forever picking up tissues that floated to the floor instead of into the garbage.
2. The coughing and sneezing all over the place! I get so tired of saying "Cover your mouth!"
3. All the extra spoons that get used. One for elderberry syrup, one for honey, one for Tylenol. This times two kids, multiple times a day. God forbid I want to eat some yogurt-all the teaspoons are in the dishwasher dirty.
4. Sleepless nights. Someone is either coughing or crying and even if they do not need me, I can still hear it.
5. How crabby & disagreeable they are because they get no sleep.
6. Lack of appetites. They don't want to eat normal food, so you try to make something easy on them or appealing and they still won't eat it. What a waste!
7. The extra cleaning of germs all over the place. Even though they are sick, they still want to play with all their toys and so now I spend extra time after bed cleaning & disinfecting.
8. When they have so much phlegm that coughing causes them to vomit. It's especially the best when it is the middle of the night.
9. The extra laundry from number 8. Can't let that stuff sit around.
10. The whining, crying and often times clinging because they don't feel good.
11. Not being able to leave the house because they are sick.
12. All the extra hand washing. My hands are so dry and thumbs are starting to crack from washing my hands so frequently and disinfecting everything.
13. And the worst: No matter how hard I try with washing my hands, avoiding their coughs, taking extra vitamins and better care of myself, I usually end up with what they have.
Composed by Joanne