So, after suffering for a day and a half with a cold, today I suddenly had a revelation. I am not pregnant and I am not breastfeeding! DUH! This means I can actually take medicine to relieve my symptoms. I'm so accustomed to not being able to take anything that it was like I forgot there was such a thing.
We also got a call from our pediatrician's office with the results of Jamie's blood allergy test from Thursday. According to them, he is allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, dogs and cats. On one hand this is a relief as I've suspected he might be suffering from an allergy to dairy for a few months now-but on the other hand, the other items have me a bit concerned. First of all, we have a dog, and Jamie has never exhibited any kind of allergic reaction to him. No itching/watery eyes or respiratory difficulties of any kind. The same with my and Jake's parents dogs or my sister's cat. I was also shocked about the peanuts as Jamie loves peanut butter and jelly. He has eaten nuts on more than one occasion! Could he just have a sensitivity to these items and not an actual allergy?
I have so many more questions. We have to make an appointment with an allergist. Peanut allergies can be fatal so I want to make sure we have all the facts. Just as we're getting over one thing in our house-of course another has to start.