Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Knew It Would Happen Eventually...

But I wasn't prepared for it just yet. James is sick. Yes he's been sick before but not while we've had a baby in the house. I'm so afraid of Olivia getting sick. He has a nasty cough, runny nose and sore throat. My skin is dry and cracking from all the hand-washing I'm doing. I've also been drinking Emergen-C and taking Cold Eeze to try and keep it away since James doesn't always cover his mouth when he coughs. Febreeze antimicrobial, Lysol, and Clorox are my friends. We've made James a special "sick bed" ie: couch with blanket over it and a pillow in an effort to keep him in one place and from touching everything. This means he's been watching tv for three days straight which is not cool-but what are you going to do? When he's better, he'll be cut off again.

Unfortunately I still managed to get a runny nose. When I woke up this morning my throat hurt a little too but it's ok now. What makes me mad is that we've kept the kids home to avoid illness and germs. The only places they've been are my parents, inlaws, and the grocery store.

No comments: