Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Evening Two

...with a broken swing.

Monday night I heard a stirring from the swing where Olivia was sleeping. From bed, I glanced over to check on her and saw that the swing was not swinging. WTH? Typically Olivia starts her evening in the swing from 11:30/midnight until sometime between 3-4am. Then she sleeps in her bassinet or the co-sleeper in bed with us until 5-7am and then back in the swing. Tuesday when I got up, I tried turning it on and off, unplugging, everything and I've got nothing. The lights and sounds still work but there is no swing action. *sniffle* I think the motor must be toast. So much for Fisher Price quality.

So last night I thought-ok-so now she'll just have to sleep in the bassinet. Time to get over the sleep crutches and sleep on her own. OMG! WE NEED THE SWING BACK! Olivia was awake ALL night. Between 11:30pm and 6am when Jake got up for work, I only got about a half hour of sleep. Of course James was up at 8 and I've had a headache all day.

I'm not sure what's going to happen tonight. We have a small travel swing that her car seat snaps into-I may have to resort to using that. Maybe I should try and deal again but it's tough dealing with a 2 year old with no sleep. Thankfully he was well behaved today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I don't envy you. It might seem like a stupid idea, but you have the Fisher Price company in your area, I would call (since it'll obviously be quicker than writing)to them and explaining your disappointment in the quality (or something like that). When Noah was little, some part for his mobile broke, my mother in law contacted them and they shipped a new part FREE! Hey, it couldn't hurt.

Anonymous said...

You should definitely call FP! I've called them several times, and they always send replacements or checks to cover the cost of a new product.

Mama Mia said...

What a clever idea to use the swing at nighttime!