Sunday, April 20, 2008

iScare!

On Friday I saw my iPod sitting on the shelf in my bedroom and decided to synch and charge her up.(I don't know why my iPod is a her-it just seems that's what she is.) It had been a month or two since I've used it in the car and since James and I have been cruising over to the park lately, I thought it would be nice to listen to. I'm just about sick of all the songs on the radio these days too.

When I plugged her into my computer and turned her on, I was greeted with this:









The iPod sad face of death!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I kept hearing this clicking noise too. I tried all the magic reset tricks I learned online with no success. I've had my iPod since before Jake and I were married! She currently holds 3807 songs/17.34 GB. I couldn't lose her! Quickly, I unplugged her from the computer and tried again and miraculously got her out of the sad face and to the music menu. When I plugged her into the computer to try and synch her-the clicking started again. What is going on? So I turned her off and took her out to the car with me.

James and I were going to the park. I plugged her into the car charger and connected the tape adapter. The menu came on and so I selected music (Rascal Flatts) and hit play. No sound came out. I unplugged the charger and the music started. Hmmmmm. I waited five minutes and then plugged the charger back in and she continued to play. Thank God!!!!

Today I plugged her back into my computer and crossed my fingers. My PC recognized her and synched right up. Phew! I was so worried that she was a goner. I think that because I hadn't used her in a few months and her battery was critically low that it somehow messed up her system. What ever the case-I am glad she is back to normal. Sad that I'm this attached to an electronic device isn't it?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

It's not sad! Glad everything worked out! I'm not attached to much, but if something happened to my ipod I would freak. :)

Kristen M. said...

I actually just blogged this past week about a company called The Pod Drop. The owner is a guy I know. He repairs broken ipods but he will also buy old or broken ipods (for parts) so at least you get some money to put towards a new ipod.

http://www.thepoddrop.com/index.htm

Anonymous said...

which model do you have? i've had the mini since 2005... i am frightened for the day mine gets a sad face, which i'm assuming will be in time...

Jessica said...

Time to upgrade?

Once upon a time, back in the 80s (!), I received an error message on the family Mac that included a little bomb icon. A bomb?? I thought I had destroyed my mother's computer!

In general, Macs or more user friendly than PC, but this instance was certainly an exception. Thank god they eventually got rid of the terrifying bomb icon.

Joanne said...

I don't know what model or generation of iPod I have. I think I got it as a Christmas gift in 2000 or 2001.

Jessica-I remember those bombs. Lol They don't use them anymore?

Pressure Washing Piscataway said...

Very thoughtful blogg