Monday, February 18, 2008

Illustration Friday "Theory"

(It's about time I do one of these again!)
The Substitute Science Teacher (for Illustration Friday)

One day when I was in 11th grade Chemistry, we had a substitute teacher. He explained to us what to do, how to do it, reminded us about safety and wearing our goggles and sent us off to work. My lab partner Dave showed up late to class and upon entering the room and reading the chalk board shouted out "Who the hell wrote 'GOOGLES' on the board?" After the sub reprimanded Dave and sent him off to work, he quietly made his way to the board and began erasing.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

And to think, this would've been before Google existed. (Which reminds me, the name Google is owing to one of the founder's being a bad speller.)

So where are the details?? Tools, media, and all those other fancy art words you artist types use. Do tell, do tell!

Josh (musarter) said...

Maybe the sub went on to invent Google and he is really a genius. I only say this I am crap speller.

Heather said...

Cute. I think spelling is overated (but then even my spellcheck is confused...) But then I have a theory that people who can spell can't navigate with maps very well.

StacyMSmith said...

What I want to know is this: how many people can finish that quote by Einstein... who couldn't even use the i before e rule to spell his own name? He messed it up TWICE!