Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Long Overdue Update

Sorry. Didn't mean to leave you all hanging. Things around here have been busy, busy, busy as we prepare for the holidays. (Like no one else is doing this) But I've had our Christmas card to finish, shopping to do, wrapping, an ornament for Jake's coworkers, our tree, dinner with friends...it just goes on and on. And of course James is into everything. Let me do a mini photo recap:

Here is James playing out in the snow for the first time. He was ok with it until the board tipped over and his face hit the snow. We played outside for about 15 minutes until I slipped on the ice in the driveway and fell. That was the end of it.















Here is He-Man Jake with our Christmas tree. We did go to that same place for our tree, and a wreath, had lunch and came home. That night was Jake's work Christmas party which was fun. (minus the 2 hour drive home in a freaking snow storm on unplowed roads & thruways) We had dinner at a place called Bistro 135. The food was great and drinks were unlimited. ;-) What was hilarious was Jake's drunk co-workers.

Here's the tree decorated however, photos don't do it justice. It looks really pretty in person. For some reason the photograph makes it look bare which is far from the truth. (not that we have it jam-packed with stuff) Maybe if I use the "better" camera...









And here is one of the projects I've been working on. It's a secret gift for a friend in an online buddy group who is expecting and due in January. I am pretty sure she doesn't read my blog so I think it's safe to share. It's so cute. I want to keep it. Just a little blanket with cotton on one side and flannel on the other. The baby will be born in Florida so I didn't want anything too heavy.


So-what do I have left to do? Finish wrapping all the gifts. I'm only about 1/4 of the way through. I also have to buy a few gift certificates, bake, and I think that's it. Can't believe Christmas is around the corner! What have you been up to?

No comments: