Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Little Man

So now I am the mother of a one year old. Make that the thirty year old mother of a one year old. I hit the big 3-0 back in May but never really acknowledged it here except for changing my "about me" description. Jamie's birthday marks the end of a stressful month. Stressful in that June is Father's Day, three birthdays (FIL, sister, James) and our anniversary. Needless to say, we're glad when it's over. You would think that we could relax and enjoy our summer now except silly us decided to have a super, 70+ person, birthday party for James on 07/07/07. (The same week we have friends from Chicago coming to stay with us.) Yeah-I REALLY don't have enough to do.

But-I don't know why I'm babbling about all of that. I want to write about James and being one. You may want to skip ahead to the end as it will undoubtably be the cliche "where did time go" story. But it IS amazing how fast he has grown. I want to know how this little baby turned into this little boy so fast?

I was there through all the sleepless nights and late night feedings, the spit up and gas...and through the smiles and waves, the mamas and dadas...but somehow it doesn't seem possible that we've made it here already. I hope I am not jinxing myself when I say, it really hasn't been that bad of a first year either. We have been blessed with a good baby. Sure he has his moments (like this past week when based on his behavior Jake and I thought perhaps he would be an only child!) but over-all he is a very good natured, good tempered, easy going kid.

We wondered if he'd take his first few steps by his first birthday but it didn't happen. But it is perfectly okay with me as pulling himself up to standing and cruising certainly allows him to reach another new level of no-nos as it is! Besides, I don't know if I am ready for all the cuts, scrapes, and bruises that come along with the fearlessness of walking.

I could go on bragging about all his accomplishments and how proud I am about how smart he is but I won't. Instead I'll leave ya with some cuteness:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, a cute little man! God bless you and your family!

Joanne said...

Thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

He's soooooo cute!