Monday, January 08, 2007

Reflections

Ha-I just took a break from cleaning to check my mail and while I looked at this page realized that I've been blogging for about 7 years. Where did that time go? Hmm. I'm not sure, is it considered blogging even though I used to post at "Diaryland" and then transfered everything here? Is blogging the term for posting online in digital format or is that a word that people have attached to it because of Blogger like, "Kleenex, Xerox, and White-Out?" In case you don't know what I mean...often times people will say, "May I have a Kleenex" instead of tissue. Kleenex is a popular brand and people associate it with the product so the term is sometimes used in place of tissue.

Anyway. It's funny to read back and see where I was. Here's my first entry in August of 2000: Twisted Situations. It's so melodramatic. At the time, I used code names for everyone because I was worried about people in my real life discovering my journal. I was 22 years old but the writing reminds me of a high school student. That strikes me as odd because I've always done well in writing classes and courses. I think it's because I was using more of my emotions than intellect. Reading back and reflecting upon what I wrote, I seriously was fooling myself. There is no comparison between "knight" and "my current man". I knew it then and I don't know the point of even discussing the two. That's why I wouldn't/couldn't commit to "the man" because he was totally wrong for me and I knew there was no future.

I found this website called "Blurb" which lets you turn your blog into a book. Right now it doesn't support Blogger but it's supposed to sometime this year. I think eventually I'd like to edit what I wrote and do it. Maybe years from now my kids will be interested in knowing what was going on when I was young. I think it would be cool to read a journal my mom wrote.

Anyway. (That's the second time I've written that!) Bad grammar! I must get back to cleaning. Oh and we are finally getting some snow around here! (and wind, and hail...)

No comments: