Thursday, January 04, 2007

More Tasty Treats

Hmm...is it tastey or tasty? Ha ha! Good thing for spell check on blogger. Tasty it is. Anywho-I must admit I haven't tried this recipe but found it this morning in the free advertisement they sent me to try to get me to subscribe to Prevention magazine (looks like a Prevention magazine sample but chock full of ads and "sample" articles). It sounds delicious so I thought I'd post it.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
(Supposedly low fat according to the recipe sheet here)

25 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter

1. In a large bowl mix the cookies crumbs and 1 cup of sugar.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the honey and peanut butter until well combined. Add to the cookie crumb mixture and stir well (the mixture may be crumbly).
3. With your hands, shape the mixture into 1" balls (the mixture should hold together as you shape it).
4. Set the balls aside at room temperature until ready to serve, or store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. Just before serving, roll the balls in the remaining 2 Tablespoons of confectioner's sugar.

According to the recipe-it makes 36 balls and if you care about this info: (per ball) 56 cal, 2 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 36 mg sodium, 0 g fiber

And here's the recipe from their website which states that each ball is 58 calories. Which is accurate? I don't know. But if 2 calories is going to blow your Weight watchers points out of the water, maybe you should avoid this recipe. DANGER! DANGER! 2 CALORIE DISCREPANCY! Yeah-I dunno what that was all about but if you are curious what they look like, here's the image from Prevention's website.

In other news, last night I watched a really interesting documentary on PBS American Masters series about Annie Leibovitz. (Whoa! Lots of links in there!) I've always been a fan of her photography and the manner at which she chooses to capture images. If you are not familiar with the name-she is the photographer famous for her portraits in Rolling Stone and Vanity Fair magazines. In the movie she says (and I don't remember the direct quote) how as she looks at the world she is constantly framing in her mind and I can totally relate to that. I frequently in day to day life think to myself, "boy-that would make a great photograph" or "wow-that would be a nice picture". Even if you aren't a huge fan of photography, the story is interesting because of all the famous people Annie has photographed through history like John & Yoko, The Rolling Stones, and Demi Moore with the famous nude pregnancy Vanity Fair covers. There are so many beautiful photos I couldn't choose one to post here, so check out THIS gallery for a sample of her work.

No comments: