Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hold the mayo...

Here's a simple formula to figure your ideal weight from the American Dietetic Association:

For gals: Allow 110 pounds for the first 5 feet of height (60 inches) and 6 pounds for each additional inch.

For guys: Allow 112 pounds for the first 5 feet, and 7 pounds for each additional inch. People with big frames should add 10 percent and those with small body frames should subtract 10 percent. Do the math, and you might not be as fat as you think you are!

*But I sure am!*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I still could stand to lose 10 lbs. I definitely like these guidelines better. They used to be different. I was supposed to be only 110 or something like that. I weight 110 in 8th grade, but if I actually weighed that now, I think I'd look anorexic.