Saturday, February 18, 2006

1/2 way there....

Wow. I can't believe this pregnancy is half over. I still have so much to do!!!! Here's my 20 week picture. (Like the Scooby Doo pajamers?) Still haven't narrowed down a name. Everytime Jake and I discuss it, it turns into an argument because I don't want to use our parents names as middle names. No one expects us to do it and I don't like any of our parents names. Plus it limits what names we can use. He says I'm breaking tradition. Tradition in my family is to use baby's grandparents names as first names. I don't want to follow that either. Good thing we still have 20 weeks to fight.

3 comments:

Cool Dad said...

I am concerned about the name thing for you. I know how it became a big concern for my wife and I. Suffice it to say that when you find the right name, you'll both know it. At least that's what happened with ours.

Joanne said...

It stinks. I am sure we'll come to agreement eventually. We have great names chosen but it's the middle name that is a big deal.

Kim said...

This is what we did: I got to name the kid if she was born on an odd day. He got to name her if she was born on an even day. If I was induced, it came down to even/odd hours. I was induced, and it was 11:30pm on April 7th and I had only 30 minutes left to push that kid out before it became an even hour and he got naming rights...... talk about incentive! She was born at 11:40 p.m., and I could name her anything darn thing I wanted to. But, 12 hours later, I picked his name anyways because Zoe couldn't be shorted (I hadn't thought of Zo), and Madeleine would be Maddy, and Isabel would be Belle or Izzy. At least we had a plan and it stopped the bickering over the name.

Good luck! And he should know better than to argue with a pregnant lady! :-)