Friday, January 27, 2006

Yummies!

Here's a great recipe I got from my good friend Kelly over at Extraordinary Machine at Christmas time. I'm sure you could try all sorts of variations on this baby but on its own...it is so delicious and addicting! Enjoy!

"Buckeyes"
(aka Peanut Butter Balls)

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup rice chex (or corn flakes), if desired for crunch, crushed
1 cup of chocolate chips

Directions:
-Beat peanut butter, butter, vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat sugar and flour until well blended. Add in cereal.
-Shape into 1 inch balls and place on waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Freeze about 1/2 hour to hour.
-Melt chocolate chips. Spear balls with a toothpick and dip into chocolate to cover. Store in freezer.

*Just had to add....I just finished making these again and used crunchy peanut butter and bran chex. Also, didn't have any confectioners sugar so I used my blender to powder up regular sugar. They are still delightful!!!! You really can't go wrong.

No comments: