Monday, August 08, 2005

HOLY CRAP!

I quit my job today. I will no longer be an a teacher with the H****** Central School district. I feel like such a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I am freeeeeeeeee!

But at the same time I am scared. Uh-oh! I JUST QUIT MY JOB! WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER JOB! I have never done that. It seems stupid and impractical and risky! (good thing I am married to a SUPER sweet, understanding, hubby; willing to support me until I get another job) I hope that is soon. I don't want to rely on him too much.

I've sent out 3 resumes so far. One to a college and 2 to newspapers. Hope to hear back from one of them. I've got to start flooding the market with my resume. I don't know how much I am qualified to do with a BFA in Illustration, and a Masters in Art Ed...but I have also worked retail and food service.

Still temping. My temps went down today *sniffle*. Guess that means no baby this time. I mean, there is still hope, but it is looking slim. I've been crampy all day.
Yesterday I actually had hot flashes in the grocery store. What is up with my body?

3 comments:

Cool Dad said...

Keep on putting yourself out there. I just recently left my job and fell into another. It is scary, but invigorating all the same. Oh, and the body changes. My wife assures me that they're nothing to fret about. Good luck.

Kim said...

:-( Keep temping though, you never know, it might be a temp dip at implantation.

Good luck on the job search!

Aaron said...

Just want to say -- best of luck with the job search!

I'm off to check out some of your previous posts.