Monday, July 18, 2005

TTC

So-it's been interesting. I've been researching and reading quite a bit about "trying to conceive". I've also been charting my temperatures and "cm". :-) If you don't know what that is, look it up. I thought it might be interesting to keep a journal about this. That way when we have a baby, I have something for them to read later on.

I don't know what to expect. I've been reading some message boards at the website,"www.tcoyf.com". These are posts from women who use the fam method to try to conceive or prevent pregnancy. The human body is amazing. Everyone is so different. Some women have been trying to have a baby for 2 years without success. Some get lucky right away. There seems to be variations in how quickly some women get pregnant after birth control as well. Luckily I've only used bc for about a year. Hopefully the hormones will dissipate quickly.

I don't know if Jake is really ready or not. At first he was gung-ho and all for it. He was bragging to his friends, babies come next...guess what Joanne bought today, a bbt. Then yesterday he seemed panicked that I hadn't renewed my bc prescription. He was worried about all these other things. The surgery for his facial nerve, his car, the house, what ever else. Is any time ever the perfect time to have a baby? They grow so fast...we're getting so much older. *sigh* So I don't know. This morning he seemed in favor, but I don't think he really is.

I'm so excited about it. BUT I'm nervous not knowing what to expect. I've read all sorts of posts/articles about terrible symptoms, but I've heard two sides of the story. Some women love pregnancy, some hate it. I hope it's not terrible because I really want a baby.

No comments: