Sunday, November 28, 2010

Real or Fake?

Christmas tree that is! So many people I know have started putting up their fake Christmas trees. I can't handle it! Especially not the ones that are pink, silver, or white. I love having a real tree. I know it is terrible for the environment but I love the smell and look of them. I can even deal with the pine needles all over the floor-it's only once a year.

Our tradition is to drive out to this great family owned Christmas tree farm a few towns over from us. We go with my parents & siblings and wander the property looking for the perfect tree. We usually find it after a few snowball wars and when we can't deal with the wind and cold anymore. Once it is tagged we head to the gift shop to pick out a wreath for our front door and enjoy some free popcorn and hot chocolate. And once we've paid and pet the family dogs (including one with only 3 legs) we load up our vehicles and head back to town for lunch. It's a great day of family fun. This year Olivia will be more aware of what is going on. I can't wait to see them both she and James out there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Real. My DH would not stand for a fake tree! I have tried and lost that battle lol