Friday, February 13, 2009

Addicted!

On Wednesday I baked up some granola bars that I modified from a recipe on the Make and Takes. The Vegan lunch playdate I was supposed to take them on was canceled and I've eaten almost the whole batch myself! They are so good-you just can't stop. Here is my take on her recipe. (dairy, egg, peanut free)

Chewy Granola Bars Recipe:

* 2 1/2 c. Oats - quick rolled oats
* 1/2 c. Rice Krispies
* 1/4 c. soy nut butter (instead of peanut butter)
* 1/2 c. Enjoy Life Vegan chocolate chips
* 1/2 c. brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 c. Earth Balance, softened (for butter)
* 1/4 c. maple syrup (instead of honey)
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Add all of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Press into a square 8×8 pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars. Let it set completely and then cut into bars. For thinner bars, press mix into a 9×13 pan.

Sorry-no photos....I think there are only three bars left. *insert blushing face here*

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

Oh, I am going to try to make these this week for the kids; thanks, J!