Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Hairvolution

After reading Aimee Greeblemonkey's fun post: Photo Accompaniment to Memory Lane, I spent a few days reminiscing over my own photos.

I guess it's not a bad thing but, I can honestly say that I'm pretty much the most plain, conservative, person you'll ever meet. Here's me around 2 and 8 years old:













Yup, not too dorky, not too cute. Not a clue what the hell happened to my chin. And here's a shot of me from high school:













Yuck to those bangs! Don't you dig my rocker t-shirt though? It's Axl Rose. I loved Guns N' Roses back then. (Not that I don't now-they're just not one of my favs anymore) That's about as spicy as it gets. I didn't even wear make up in high school really. And I think most people remember me as "that quiet girl with the long hair".













Then I graduated and went on to college. Now that I was a grown up, on my own, and making mature decisions, I decided to do what every responsible girl away from home does. I dyed my hair. Black.

Yikes! It was bold but I thought I could pull it off. (And if I didn't like it, the box said "28 washes") Yes, I am sure you know where this is going. To quote Type O' Negative "Yeah you wanna go out 'cause it's raining and blowing. You can't go out 'cause your roots are showing." That black lasted much longer than 28 washes and several dyes later. The roots were horrendous! I even tried some color stripping stuff which did nothing to the black. Growing that out was definately not cool. But that was the start of my hair evolution. Or maybe I should call it a revolution? I have had short hair, long hair, medium hair, bangs, layers, no bangs. I am definately not a person who has the same haircut for 20 years. Here some of the variety of styles:

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I dyed my hair black during my frosh year in college, too!