These children were hurt because they were placed in their Bumbo seats at an elevated location and they flipped themselves out. All a baby has to do is arch their back and they can free themself. Where were their moms and dads? Who was supervising? I clearly remember reading in the directions not to put your child on an elevated surface and right on the back of the seat itself it says:
“WARNING” – “Never use on a raised surface. Never use as a car seat or bath seat. Designed for floor level use only. Never leave your baby unattended as the seat is not designed to be totally restrictive and may not prevent release of your baby in the event of vigorous movement.”
We loved the Bumbo seat. (I say loved and not love because James is too big for it and it's packed away) It was so convenient to take with us to other peoples homes who did not have a highchair and before Jamie was able to crawl, he could sit in the chair and play. We also used ours on the table, many times, but only when we were right next to him. If I was alone and needed to get something from the fridge away from the table, I scooped up the Bumbo and placed it on the floor.
While I'm taking Jamie's picture here, Jake is sitting at the table next to him.
Anyway-if you contact Bumbo, they will send you warning stickers and more instructions. However, with a warning already on the chair itself, I don't know if stickers are going to make much of a difference.