Thursday, April 05, 2007

Well-Which Is It?

The last time we went grocery shopping we picked up a few bottles of Cascade Complete, melon blosson scent, dishwasher soap. (I had a dollar off of two coupon) The other night as I was filling the soap dispenser I happened to see on the label this:

Yes, it says "Cleans so well, no need to pre-wash".








This morning, as I filled the soap dispenser, I happened to read the back of the bottle which says this:

Sorry it's hard to read, I was using a camera phone, it says "For best results fill both the pre-wash and main wash cups completely". What!? What about no need for pre-wash? I guess the "Complete" stands for completely confusing.

Edited to add: Jake said to me after reading this entry "You're funny. I think no need to pre-wash means you don't have to pre-wash your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher." Well who the heck washes their dishes before you put them in the dishwasher? If you're going to "pre-wash" them in the sink, what's the point of even using the dishwasher?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Who the heck prewashes before putting them in the dishwasher? My in-laws, for one (for two, actually, since they are a pair). And my friends Gina and Roy. They prewash, too.

Not me, though! My philosophy is, "If you have to prewash your dishes, you need a new dishwasher."

Joanne said...

I totally agree with you there!

Anonymous said...

i don't use a dishwasher (it's hard to fill it up with just one person), but i assumed it meant rinsing before you put them in the dishwasher?

have you ever seen couponmom.com? there are some serious coupon people out there...