Take two because I wrote this whole post out last night but IE decided to be a jerk and crash on me. So-let's try it again. Kelly shared 6 weird things about herself so I thought I'd continue with the fun. At first I couldn't come up with anything but once I thought of one thing I couldn't stop. Now I'm wondering if I am a weirdo! Ha ha ha, the word weirdo makes me laugh. Does that make me weird? Anyway:
1. I absolutely will NOT use a public bathroom unless I REALLY have to go. Typically I'll "hold it" until I get home. I'm not sure exactly what my issue is: germs, scent, or cleanliness but I don't like to go. Maybe it's just the nuisance of it all. Tiny stall, jacket, purse, hovering over the seat to go. Yes hovering. No amount of toilet paper or "seat cover" is going to make me feel safe enough to plop my butt down. Yuck. In any case, in high school, I don't think I used the bathroom more than 3 times the whole 4 years. Maybe this one should be posted under the 6 OCD things about me.
2. I get a kick out of the numbers on my odometer when they hit certain sequences. For example, ealier this week I hit 89098. A few weeks ago I got to see 88888. I don't know why, but I think this is cool and fun.
3. Speaking of numbers, I find myself counting the oddest things. Everytime I walk down a flight of stairs, I count the steps. If I am tossing clothes from the washer to the dryer, I find myself counting the items. Pulling glasses from the dishwasher, emptying groceries from a bag...whatever! Why? I have no freakin' clue! I just find myself counting in my head. I have lived in my house for 2 and a half years and still count the steps every time I go up and down them. Yep still 12 plus the landing. No extra steps today...
4. Before I got married, when ever I introduced myself or had to say my last name outloud, I used to feel I was mispronouncing it. Yes, my own last name! Sometimes I would put the accent in different parts just to hear if maybe that was "right". I still don't know if I say it right. I feel like different members of my family each say it differently.
5. When ever I'm in a car, whether driving or as a passenger, if we go over railroad tracks, I pick up my feet. It's bad luck if you don't! However, sometimes if I'm in a bad mood or Jake and I are arguing, I won't do it as if to test fate. "Come on you MOFO-what are you going to send my way!" As a side note, down the road from us, there are tracks where sometimes the railroad crossing bars will go down...but there will be no train. It freaks me out everytime because you have to drive around the barriers over the tracks to get through. I'm always scared a train is going to suddenly appear.
6. While in college, my favorite suitemate Kelly, and I used to watch this show called, "A la cama con Porcel". (To bed with Porcel) It was on telemundo and completely in spanish. IMDB describes it as, "Comedy skit show featuring Latin American comedian Jorge Porcel. The show was well known for its' sexuality, especially scantily clad women dancing and walking around." That pretty much describes it. Porcel was this large, fat, guy, who did all these comedy skits with these girls who half the show were dressed like Vegas show girls. Sometimes the skits would involve Porcel dressing up as a woman. Now, the weird part is: the whole show was in spanish and although Kelly and I couldn't always understand what was going on (go figure-she was once a spanish major and I took 4 years high school spanish and 1 semester in college) we loved it! I really wanted to find a video of the theme song and if I can I will post it, but for now here is pic of them: (I'm disappointed no one uploaded one on Youtube!)
(photo courtesy of LaGaceta)
As another side note: I just found that Porcel passed away in May of 2006! (Failed gallbladder surgery or something related) How sad! Ok there are my six. Who is next!?!