Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Breast Cancer Awareness

When I worked as a teacher, the first weekend in October was reserved for the Breast Cancer Awareness walk I participated in. Last year, since I didn't work and was so focused on trying to get pregnant, I forgot all about it. This year I decided to participate in Pink for October. Here's an entry from the website:

"Pink for October started, in an odd way, thanks to one of my coworkers. Now the challenge is to convince as many sites as possible to promote National Breast Cancer Awareness month (let’s make that International) and raise money for breast cancer research.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in helping with this event. But even if you don’t have time to dedicate, consider redesigning your site for the month of October — Go Pink! On top of that you can also Digg us, del.icio.us us, blog it up, perhaps skywriting… help get the word out.

Many thanks!

~Matthew Oliphant

We’ll be adding more content and sprucing things up over the next week. There are more things to come, and more ways to paritcipate."

No comments: