Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Check out this Monster!

Teddy is a lot happier in this picture. The new bed is wonderful! So much more comfortable than the waterbed. No-we don't have a bedroom set yet. We've been shopping for Mission style furniture but haven't found a great deal. Since the mattress was such a good price, we bought the mattress set before headboard, footboard, etc. Luckily it came with a free frame.

Our Dr.'s appointment went really well yesterday. We got to hear the heartbeat again and Jake recorded it. Maybe I can post a sound clip eventually. I lost 5 lbs since my last appointment...which the Dr. said was fine as I am eating healthy and have just been more active. I'm starting this pregnancy out a bit on the heavier side anyway, so-ideally only a 15-20 lb weight gain would be good. However, what ever the baby puts on, is fine with me. I have been trying to avoid too much junk food and sweets though so as not to put on unecessary weight.

Our next Dr. appointment is on Valentine's day and in a day or two I'll set up our ultrasound appointment. We are really excited to finally see this baby. Hopefully we can find out the gender too. Sorry if I keep talking about the same stuff but I forget what I have said or not said AND I am just happy about this baby and pregnancy. Speaking of which, the kid is telling me it's lunch time.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Are you kidding me??? This is really exciting to hear about your pregnancy! It brings back all the memories of when I was pregnant. :-) Time goes by sooooooooooo fast.

Love the new bed! We got a new mattress in the fall, and it's soooooooooooooo much more comfortable.

Anonymous said...

Check Raymour and Flanigan for the mission style furniture. They have a nice selection. Check for their sales too.

As for the baby stuff...I love hearing about it! I'm very happy for you and Jake, and I share in your excitement...cause that's what friends do...just like the wedding schtuff! Since we always miss each other on the phone, this way I can catch up on the stuff I miss.