Monday, September 12, 2005

Treading on Water

Can I just say that I hate the treadmill? Well, maybe it isn't the treadmill, but exercise in general. :-) That sounds terrible doesn't it? But it is beneficial so I am trying to do more. I am wondering if not getting pregnant yet has to do with being a bit over weight/out of shape?

Anyhow, I am very out of shape. I was on the treadmill for 15 minutes and in that time I only walked .70 miles. Yes, very sad...not even 1 mile in 15 minutes. The whole time I was walking, my dog just stared at me like, "What are you doing?" I originally set the treadmill for 30 minutes, but my shins were hurting a bit (ok, maybe more than a "bit") so I decided to listen to my body pain and cave in at 15. Since I haven't been walking regularly I figured I should work my way up to 30. I walked mostly at 3.0 speed. When we used to go to the gym, I was able to get up to 5.0. I wish I could effortlessly run at that speed.

I've also been trying to drink a lot of water. We have 16 oz. glasses in our kitchen and I've been carrying one around with me as I clean, draw, cook. As soon as it empties, I refill. I should keep track of how much I drink...but I keep forgetting. I have no idea how many glasses I've drank (drunk?) already today. I read somewhere you should drink your weight in ounces of water. (I also read that you can die from over drinking water because the water floods your cells and has no place to go...but we're talking gallons here) I've been drinking extra for about a week so I hope all the toxins are being flushed from my body. The only downside is having to use the bathroom ALOT! That is annoying to me.

My favorite form of exercise? Ice skating. I used to take figure skating lessons and was at the rink 3-4 days a week for an hour to an hour and a half each session and I lost 20 libs when I was in high school! My calves and thighs were very firm. I wish I could get back to that.

No comments: