Monday, September 26, 2005

Fairmount

Well, I am back. Didn't know I was even gone, did ya? Jake, the inlaws & I took a trip down to Fairmount Indiana for the annual James Dean Run festival. Apparently James Dean was from Fairmount Indiana & they hold a celebration every year to commemorate him, complete with carnival, car shows, and entertainers. It was pretty fun, minus being in the car for 10 hours each way. Once I get my photos developed, I'll have to post some. We also stopped at a car show in Gas City called "The Ducktail Run". Both places had a ton of classic cars. Really neat!

We also took time to visit with Jake's brother who lives in Bloomington Indiana. We got to see a little bit of the town and eat at a few good places. (Wet Willies & The Upland Brewing Company) Both had very yummy menu items!

And...our trip wouldn't be complete without a visit to "The Largest Fireworks Warehouse!" I have never seen so many fireworks in one place; they had just about everything you would need to blow off a few fingers and an arm!

However, today we are super tired. We didn't get home until after midnight and to bed after 1:30. I can't even get Jake out of bed for work. I have to get him moving though, so maybe I'll be back later.

No comments: